Created in 2010, the Haras of Turan is a jumping horse stable dedicated to the Selle Français, and organized around three strains:
- A worldwide famous strain, « du Château », rich in international champions, and represented in Turan by Vick de Courcel, already French champion at 3 years old
- An earlier strain, also from an international champion: Ueleme, whose products occupy podiums in France from 130/150 sporting events and we can expect many more young champions from her. Very prolific from embryo transfer, Uelème is at the moment the first brood mare in France.
- Our « homemade » strain, from Northern mares crossed with an anglo-arab stallion (Dare Dare, also the father of Dilème de Cèphe – winner of the World Cup 2006). That strain, despite its less abundant roots, provided us many high-indexed products, until 145.
Horses we have selected or bred exploiting these three strains do not possess the same skills. Nevertheless they have some common characteristics:
- Extraordinary respect of bars
- Energy, flexibility
- Intelligence, willingness to jump and to win
- Gentleness and respect from mankind
We handpick horses that will bring strength and flexibility while maintaining these qualities.
We breed our horses to satisfy the most demanding professional horse riders seeking a true performer as well as ambitious amateurs, and young riders, who would like to enjoy their selves with a trustworthy, pleasant and capable companion.